When planning a birthday party for your kid, you want to make sure they create memories on their special day that they will cherish for years to come. Still, all the fun and excitement don’t take away from the fact that planning a child’s birthday party can be an exhausting business.
From choosing a birthday party venue to keeping the kids entertained at the birthday party, there’s simply so much you have to think about in preparation for the special day. But why do it all yourself when you can have a fantastic indoor birthday party in Chandler without the unnecessary hassle? Give Uptown Jungle a call and we’ll help you organize the best party ever!
How do I plan a kid’s birthday party?
It’s easy to become overwhelmed with all the arrangements you have to make before the party day arrives. Luckily, we’ve prepared some tips to help you stay focused when organizing your kid’s special day:
- Decide on a budget: organization is key when planning a birthday party. Your best bet is to plan your budget before any other preparations and see what you can and can’t afford.
- Send the invitations: the number of guests is essential if you want to avoid spending too much or too little on food and drinks. Invite all guests early and have them reply to the invitations.
- Plan food & drinks: decide on the snacks and drink options. Choose food that doesn’t need to be cut and can fit into the children’s hands (such as mini pizzas, burgers, small sandwiches, etc.)
- Get the cake: Order a birthday cake that your kid will love and that’s big enough for the number of guests. Think about the flavors and decorations and make sure it looks fun!
- Choose a theme: a birthday party isn’t complete without a theme. Consider your child’s preferences and buy party supplies and decorations once you have a clear idea in mind.
- Come up with engaging activities: of course, you don’t have to plan the entire party since it probably wouldn’t go the way you intended. Still, you should try to plan a couple of fun party games to keep the kids entertained.
What are the things needed for birthday party?
Having a list of party supplies ready before starting the preparations is a must if you want to make sure you don’t forget anything. Here’s a checklist of everything you would need for a memorable birthday:
- Favor bags & thank you cards
- Partyware (cups, plates, napkins, cutlery, etc.)
- Decorations (balloons, confetti, party hats, banners, party blowers, etc.)
- Food & drinks (birthday cake, drinks, snacks, etc.)
- Candles and a lighter or matches
- Additional serving dishes
- Camera & batteries
- Extra chairs & tables
- Cake platter & knife
Naturally, you may not need all of the items on the list or there may be something else you’d have to get, but these are just some birthday party essentials that can help you stay on track when shopping for your kid’s birthday.
How early do you send out kid birthday party invitations?
When is the right time to send out the invitations? While there’s no clear-cut rule on when you should invite the guests, a good rule of thumb is to send out the invitations around two weeks before the party is due. If you send them out later than that, your guests may already be busy or unable to purchase a gift, but if you send them any earlier, your guests may forget about the party or lose the invitation.
What if you’ve sent out the invitations, but haven’t gotten RSVPs from the invitees? If you’ve included an RSVP deadline and a way for parents to contact you on the invitation, it’s understandable that you would get a little bit annoyed if you don’t get a reply. The best way to fix the issue is to call the parents after the deadline has passed to check if they are coming. Just try to not to sound impatient.
Uptown Jungle: your place for the best indoor birthday party in Chandler
Whether you’re planning a birthday party for a toddler or a 6-year-old, you’re bound to become exhausted with all the preparations you have to take care of. And while you could try bringing your kid’s little friends to the Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center, you’d still have to think about the food options and worry about the safety of the guests.
Fortunately, we have the perfect solution! The helpful staff at Uptown Jungle would be more than happy to take care of your birthday party preparations for you, allowing you to relax and actually enjoy your kid’s birthday party. Our fantastic indoor playground is fun, clean, and perfectly safe for kids of all ages. Visit us today!